As you may know the Atlanta Bridal Show was this past Sunday. It was packed with vendors from every aspect of the wedding market along with many, many soon to be brides and grooms there to see what they had to offer. I had a great time meeting everyone and because of the events policy no one was permitted to take photographs as attendees or vendors. Although I normally do test the limits of such rules, there are far better results to obey and stay in the good graces of the staff.
I encourage everyone to stop by a Bridal Show to see what vendors are offering. I know of no other place in which you can go meet, in person, just about everyone in the wedding industry for that area. So here are three that I have found with their links:
Bridal Show Producers International
[you have to sign up to get the list but I think that it may be worth it]
The BSPI (Bridal Show Producers International) lists a few tips to consider when you plan to head to your next bridal show.
Click to go to the website
* Be prepared to wait in line to register. Be patient! This is well worth it.
* Bring preprinted self-adhesive address labels if you have them. This will save you much time and allow you to sign up for anything you want very quickly.
* Bring a pen and print very clearly when registering for anything.
* Bring your checkbook if you want to actually book any services, or hold dates with a deposit. Be sure to check on refund policies before giving any money, and read the contract carefully before signing.
* Collect any information you are interested in – take it home to look over again when you have some quiet time.
* If you are out of town, send your mother or friend to register you for prizes and collect information on services you need.
* Be prepared to wear a “Bride-to-be” sticker to receive special attention from the vendors.
* The later fashion show time are generally less crowded.
* It is nice if your fiancé attends with you IF he is interested. About 30% do attend, so he won’t be the only one there!
* Arrive at least one hour prior to the fashion show time that you want to see. Seating is usually first come-first serve.
Have a great time!!!!