There are no short list of books on relationships and the difference between how men and women communicate. We all “see” the same thing but we do not all necessarily “see” interpretively the same thing. This of course means that given enough time feelings will be unintentionally hurt by one another and thus the sense of value and appreciation comes up for question. Enter, stage left, For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women. This book is short, sweet and to the point concerning how women interpret a man’s action. This is really good for guys because most guys just want to get to the point. It is efficient and less laborious than mettling through the clutter of “insignificant” side items. And this is the whole point of the book. Women like to take time, women like the relationship to slowly grow and know that the man they are going to trust for the rest of their lives will not only be their physically but also emotionally.Take a look at these chapters:
- Rethinking Random: why you need a new map of the female universe
- The deal is never closed: why her “I do” will always mean “Do you” — and what to do about it.
- Windows . . .Open: what you should know about the fabulous female brain (a guide for lower life forms)
- Your real job is closer to home: how your provider/protector instinct can leave her feeling more unsafe and less cared for
- Listening is the solution: why her feeling about the problem is the problem, and how to fix your urge to fix
- With sex, her “no” doesn’t mean you: how her desires are impacted by her unique wiring, and why your ego shouldn’t be
- The girl in the mirror: what the little girl inside your woman is dying to hear from you — and how to guard your answer well
- The man she had hoped to marry: What the woman who loves you most, most wants you to know
This is such a great book for couples to read….forget the fact that it says “for men only.” Let me let you in on a secret….there is another book that came out before this one. Want to know the title? YOU GOT IT, “For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men.” They are pretty cheap if you buy them used from amazon so take a look. I’m sure you two will not only have a great time reading the “forbidden book” but you more importantly learn a little more about each other. Obviously everything that is said in each book won’t apply to everyone but one thing it will do is better understand how you can express and communicate your love and commitment to one another. happy reading.