June 17, 2011 Peter

Baby Doyle Update From Peter And Genevieve

From Genevieve:

So here’s the sitch: as there was no medical need to induce (baby was monitoring gorgeously and mommy’s been testing great too) ….we’ve been released to go home. for now.  Which may be only for one night or may take the whole weekend… we shall see.  And that’s what this process was about: waiting and seeing – trusting and leaning on an understanding higher than Peter and Genevieve’s.  God directed us with His Peace and thankfully confirmed it with several supportive medical staff at our hospital.

It’s the BEST decision for our little family, but it was NOT an easy one.  How to tell all of our eager friends and family that we purposefully DIDN’T induce when it seemed such an easy choice to have our Baby now?!  It certainly made for an interesting departure as rarely do the pregger-bellies LEAVE the hospital in this state! :DI know we were in the minority  saying “see you in a few….hours or days!!” to our wonderful nurses and midwives.  The One who formed this baby will bring this pregnancy to fruition.  What a lesson I am learning from this baby, and I don’t even know their face yet…

From Peter:

Our baby has been very active, but as you may know there were some borderline concerns so we were admitted to the hospital on Thursday night. Friday afternoon, the midwife suggested that if Genevieve did not dilate rapidly enough, that they were going to have to break her water manually. Once that happened, it was “possible” it would give the baby enough incentive to drop and induce natural child birth.

My question then was, “what happens if it doesn’t work? What happens if our baby goes into distress because there is no cushion because we rushed things?” Once that happens, the likelihood for a C-section birth goes up. (Which of course puts mama in distress.) So my reasoning was, “If our baby is not in distress, then why create a situation that could cause distress?” (How many fathers would willingly put their son or daughter in harms way when everything is going fine?) With that in mind, we decided to let baby Doyle decide if we head back to the hospital in a few days or in a few hours. Thank you so much to all our friends and family for your support and prayers. We will be keeping everyone updated.

We would love your comments!

Comments (5)

  1. Princess L

    I totally respect and applaud your decision. God is in control. Sending up a prayer for continued peace and safe entry into this world for baby Doyle. God bless

  2. Congratulations to you all. God is in control and you made a great choice. This is Gods miracle let him do the right things in the right time and enjoy every moment. What a Blessing you are receiving now. My prayers are with you. Please keep us all posted and pics. when that comes. God Bless the Doyal Family

  3. Noell Alley

    What an awesome testimony. Will be praying for some sleep tonight!!! Can’t wait to hear about this baby’s arrival!

  4. Anonymous

    Appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It was a little unnerving and surprising that we were confronted with this situation and decision. So that we weren’t making an emotion decision we decided to just wait since the baby wasn’t in distress.   

Leave a Reply

Or

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Peter via this lovely form of via Twitter or Instagram DM.

Hello, Is It Me You're Looking For?