Yesterday marked Ezra’s first 7 days out of the womb and Genevieve and I are loving [although exhausted at times] being parents. What’s even more interesting is realizing that our Baby is here and that we HAVE A BABY IN THE HOUSE!!!!! For example, while watching Netflix with Genevieve in our room Ezra was sleeping soundly in our bed. I whispered, “isn’t it strange to see a baby in our bed?” ….”yup.”
Summary of birthing Ezra into this world:
- Specialist gets nervous because he sees one loop of the umbilical cord around the front of Ezra’s neck and two cords on the back of his neck
- Genevieve is admitted into the hospital that night, thursday to be monitored and slightly induced to see if Ezra would come.
- Friday comes and Ezra has decided he was more than happy to stay put for the weekend.
- Ezra and Genevieve were monitored all night and both of them looked great.
- Doctors wanted to break her water but Genevieve and I weren’t ready to do that so we left.
- Genevieve started having contractions on Monday and we headed to the Hospital on Tuesday.
- Genevieve had major and “some-kinda-fiercy” contractions all tuesday night and wednesday afternoon.
- Wednesday night we started the process of getting Ezra out but he was too big so we had to do a c-section
- Ezra came out with 4 (that’s right 4) loops of umbilical cord around his neck (the doctor said he never seen that before)
- Ezra came out healthy with a weight of 9 lbs and 11oz
I don’t know if I’ll ever post it but I did video Ezra coming into this world. You actually see him coming out of Genevieve’s abdomen. Leave a comment and let me know if I should post it.
Here are a few photos below from that past week. Enjoy!